Friday, June 20, 2014

Evolution! v. 2.0

Because genius constantly evolves

  

 NOTE (8/15/14): I'M ABANDONING THE MUSIC IDEA. I'M JUST STICKING TO BOOKS/BOSSES/DARK SOULS II/BACKLOG. THAT'S ENOUGH. I'LL KEEP THIS UP FOR POSTERITY'S SAKE (I say that a lot)


    Okay folks, I wanna make a quick note here. This blog has evolved a LOT in the last 3+ months. Originally, it was going to be used to document boss battles. Then, it was going to just be a blog about my endeavors with all the games I had yet to beat (pay attention to this, it pertains to today). Then, it turned into that plus my thoughts/ramblings on the books I was reading. If a blog about video games and books wasn't random enough, I've decided I wanna bring music into the fold. As with my book thoughts, I'd like to make short posts about the music I listen to. I listen to a decently large variety of music, but it always comes back to metal music. I'm a metal-head at heart, even though I can listen to most music (and indeed, I'll hope to showcase that here). I have 500+ CDs (yup, I'm a chump that still buys physical Compact Discs), and my big idea is to showcase every one. I actually started doing this on Instagram (follow me, I'm @kalameet), and got a good 100+ CDs in, before I just gave up. If I do it here on this blog, I can expand my thoughts a bit, and hopefully I'll keep up with it. I know it's a huge undertaking, but each post won't be huge, so I should, in theory, be able to put up a few a week, at least.
    Now, on to the matter at hand for today. Last night, I went through and wrote down every game that I own that is in my "backlog" as it were. For the layman, basically any game I own but haven't beaten yet. I was shocked (shocked!, actually) to find I have a whopping 94 (that's NINETY-FOUR) games, across thirteen consoles, to play through. I honestly thought I only had maybe 50. Talk about eye opening. So, I'm going to compile that list on a blog post, and I'm going to update with my progress/thoughts/opinions of the games I'm playing. I'll include as many shitty pictures as I see fit. And, to tie the whole thing together, I will be putting special emphasis on games with good boss battles.
    So, that's that then. Thank you for sticking with me throughout this schizophrenic time. Enjoy reading about books/music/and video games.

0 comments: