Friday, April 10, 2015

VG Resolutions: Special March dx Edition (updates and revisions)

Now: More changes!

    Since I've been playing Bloodborne basically exclusively since it released on March 24, I realized something. It's something that has been creeping into my brain, yet I didn't fully give it the space it needed to nestle there. We are officially a quarter of the way through the year 2015. There is NO GOOD GOD DAMN WAY IN HELL I'M BEATING THE 30 GAMES I SET OUT TO BEAT THIS YEAR. Absolutely not. Not even close. I haven't made any progress on any of these since February (Castlevania: Circle of the Moon notwithstanding).  I made a decision! I'm going to revise my video game resolutions I made a few months ago. I'm going to pare down the games list and make it manageable. Instead of thirty games, I'm gonna slim it to ten or fifteen. I might modify the other resolutions a bit too. So, without further adieu, here are my March updates (and the aforementioned revisions, which will appear in a beautiful RED).




I'd like to beat a majority of the handheld games I currently own (as of 1/1/2015)

   Eh, I'm going to keep this one as is. It's gonna be tough, but still maybe possibly sort of doable. As this is March's post, I haven't beaten anything new, but come April's post I will definitely have been a handheld game! I already have, but I did it in April, so it'll have to wait until next month.



I'd like to play games on every console I own I'd like to play NES/SNES more

    I could still end up playing on every console, but that isn't that important. That would mean I'd need to play the Gamecube version of Resident Evil. Which, I really wanna do, but I don't know if it's in the cards any time soon. Instead, I'd like to focus on some more retro, because I've been on PS3/PS4 kick recently. I'm not even putting any specific number on how many I wanna play. I just want them to both be loved.




I need to stop stressing over this damn blog

    I've been pumping out anywhere between two and four posts a week since Bloodborne came out. It's actually been great so far. I got a little behind last week, but I haven't really been stressing. This one has been going pretty well so far this year.




I want to BEAT these games:

  1. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
  2. Any one of the PS1/PS2 era Final Fantasy games (barring XI)
  3. Ni No Kuni (PS3)
  4. (finish) Alan Wake (360)
  5. Child of Light (PS3)
  6. Clock Tower 3 (PS2)
  7. Duck Tales (NES)
  8. Faxanadu (NES)
  9. Star Tropics (NES)
  10. Galerians (PS1)
  11. (finish) Golden Sun: Lost Age (GBA)
  12. Granstream Saga (PS1)
  13. Magic Sword (SNES)
  14. Condemned: Criminal Origins (360)
  15. Pier Solar and the Great Architects (Mega Drive, via PS3)
  16. Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
  17. (finish) Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
  18. Undead Nightmare (Red Dead Redemption DLC) (PS3)
  19. Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
  20. Secret of Evermore (SNES)
  21. At least one (but preferably all three) original Splatterhouse games (Arcade/Mega Drive, via PS3) [one was enough for now]
    1. Original arcade Splatterhouse (Jan)
  22. At least one of the following two RPGs from the Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (Shining Force or Phantasy Star) (PS3)
  23. Ico (PS3)
  24. (finish) The Legend of Zelda (NES)
  25. Ys III (SNES)
  26. Ocarina of Time (3DS)
  27. One of the following two handheld Castlevanias (Circle of the Moon or Rondo of Blood-from Dracula X Chronicles) (GBA or PSP)
  28. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GB) (Jan)
  29. Final Fantasy Legend III (GB)
  30. Suikoden (PS1, via PS3)

    All of the red crossed out games are ones I'm not gonna keep on the list. Next month the list will appear with only the black-text games. I'm still not confident I can beat all those, but it's a hell of a lot less daunting. We'll see how the next few months go.


    Last month I did some "state of the blog" bullet points. What a great idea!:

  • Last month I said I was moving my Simpsons writing to a new blog. Well, I'm not. I'm just not doing the Simpsons writing currently. I would love to at some point maybe, but I just do not have enough time to watch The Simpsons and take notes, along with writing the posts, along with keeping up with all the video game stuff for this blog. I have all those Simpsons blogs still, not sure what I wanna do with them
  • I plan on (hopefully, fingers crossed...) a new, Bloodborne unrelated B-LOG SLAYING post up this week. Wouldn't that be a hoot? 
  • New (or old, unobservant or uncaring) readers! I created a page for this blog on Facebook. I'm not entirely sure how to best utilize it yet, but if enough people "like" it, I'll post content there that you couldn't find anywhere else. It's got six "likes" (one of which is mine), why don't you make it seven? Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/theEmporiumofNosferat2?ref=hl
  •  Also, I plan on, in the coming weeks, redesigning the look of this blog. My lovely wife should be helping, so you know it's gonna look good. More info as it comes
  • That's it this month. Sorry for the delay

0 comments: