Friday, October 3, 2014

Introduction to My Weekly "Shane Remembers..." Posts

Sometimes I sort of remember things!


    In an ongoing effort to fill this blog with more than just Dark Souls II, random books, and my backlog adventures (which will take literal years to complete. If I even can), I decided I'd also like to try to finally get some retro goodness in here. I was thinking a few days ago, for no discernible reason at all, about Need For Speed II. This thought spawned a simple, yet potentially interesting idea for a weekly post. Every Friday, I'm going to just pick five games, completely at random, that I remember playing in my formative years. Games that I rented a few times, or ones I borrowed from friends, or ones I used to own outright. The whole goal is to just stimulate discussion of old (but not always that old) games. Most of these will be very short, and some will probably be boring, but that's why you're here, isn't it? For short, boring anecdotes about games like the aforementioned Need for Speed II. Also, it's a way to just talk about and introduce games/genres I would otherwise NEVER EVER TALK ABOUT HERE. So, buckle in, grab some hot cocoa, un-buckle out, pour out your hot cocoa, grab an alcoholic beverage, cozy yourself up in a big comfy chair, hop into a hammock, pour out your alcoholic beverage, and get ready to care very deeply about the words I will type every Friday.

0 comments: