Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Shane Remembers... (11/28/2014)

Mostly Bugs Bunny!


Picture courtesy of emuparadise

BUGS BUNNY: LOST IN TIME (PS1)

    Hey, another game I used to always rent as a kid! Noticing a theme, here? My sister and I really enjoyed this game. In fact, I've been wanting to buy it recently, but I'm pretty sure, for a complete copy, it's pretty expensive. At any rate, even though the graphics aren't great, and I'm sure the gameplay doesn't hold up anymore (even back then I remember being irritated by the semi-crappy controls), it's still holds a special place in my heart. It had a large varieties of levels and environments, and there was a lot of stuff to try and find per level. Not the best game, but you could find way worse.




Picture courtesy of wikia

BUGS BUNNY: RABBIT RAMPAGE (SNES)

    See my opening sentence for the game above. I've been wanting to play this recently as well. Luckily, cart only this game is dirt cheap. I remember it being pretty hard too. It's a simple platformer with all the Looney Tunes characters. The graphics were pretty good. I don't think I ever made it very far in the game, but I always remember the snowy opening level. And when you boot the game up, Marvin the Martian says, "Boom" in his dumb voice. There is also the saloon level, which maybe was the level following the snow one. Again, I don't know how good this game is now, but it's still probably decent.




Picture courtesy of wikipedia

BUGS BUNNY: BIRTHDAY BLOWOUT (NES)

    A rare NES game I actually remember playing the hell out of. I wonder if we owned this at one time, or I just rented it several times? I honestly don't remember much from it. You control Bugs, and you run through levels, and you...jump? Sure, why wouldn't Bugs jump? Why the hell did I play so many Bugs Bunny games? I don't ever remember being a huge Looney Tunes fan. But I did have a Bugs Bunny stuffed animal, so maybe I just really liked him? At any rate, I wouldn't mind playing this again, just for nostalgia's sake. 




Picture courtesy of wikipedia

TOY STORY (SNES)

    Okay, I don't think I can talk about any more Bugs Bunny games. But, staying on the cartoon theme, Toy Story is a movie I hold very near-and-dear to my heart. It came out nineteen years ago, so I was eight when it came out. I remember the game being tough. What licensed SNES game wasn't? I don't remember much beyond Woody being the main character. There are side-scrolling sections, and there is at least one section (maybe more?) where you have to drive the RC car around. I remember this being frustrating as hell. The graphics were good too.




Picture courtesy of gameoldies

SKULLMONKEYS (PS1)

    This is a bizarre game. VERY bizarre. It's a platformer that uses a claymation style animation throughout, and it really looks great. It's full of weird enemies and bosses. It really has to be played to understand how crazy it is. Check out a playthrough on Youtube or something! As is common for platformers, there's lots of stuff to collect, and lots of jumps to make. I'm pretty sure this game is pretty tough too. You guys love my descriptions of these games? My memory is so bad. Why did I decide this weekly post would be a good idea? Anyway, my copy doesn't fully work. It gets to a certain point in the game, probably half way through, and freezes. It's pretty disappointing, because I'd love to play this to completion. Anyway, if you can find a copy, get it!




    Sorry for the extreme lateness of this post. I promised last week that Thanksgiving wouldn't delay this post being put up on Friday. Eh, I was awfully wrong. Hopefully, I can still have a brand new one up on this Friday. Thanks for reading!

0 comments: