Thursday, February 12, 2015

VG Resolutions: January Edition (updates)

Flying out of the gates of 2015



    I wanted to do a monthly "how am I doing with my video game resolutions?" post, because I wanna be serious with them and keep up as best as I can. Unfortunately, I realize now, after a month and a half, that I set the bar WAAAAAY too high for games to beat in 2015. I think I had it set at 25. [author's note: Just looked. Nope. 30 games. I'm not even gonna come CLOSE to beating them all] Yikes. Considering Bloodborne comes out in about five weeks, and also considering that that game is going to take up just about all my non-handheld gaming time from March 24 until at least sometime in May, yeah, I'm screwed. And this post itself is two weeks late. Damn. Oh well, please enjoy!



I'd like to beat a majority of the handheld games I currently own (as of 1/1/2015)

    Well, I beat one handheld game in January. That being, of course, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins for the original Gameboy. Of course, this wasn't a huge one in the backlog list, considering I just added it at the beginning of January. Oh well, that's one beaten anyway!



I'd like to play games on every console I own

    It's still too early to say much about this one. So far, I've played games on my PS3, my Gameboy Advance, my Gameboy (through my GBA, because it just looks way better), and my 3DS. That's not too bad. I plan on playing more in the upcoming months (with special emphasis on my 360 and the Wii, two very neglected consoles).



I need to stop stressing over this damn blog 

    I would say I have not been stressing as much, but I still worry about it more than I need to. However, based on the fact that I haven't updated this blog as much as I want to so far this year, maybe that means I'm not even worrying about it too much. That, or I'm just a lazy S.O.B. You decided! 



I want to BEAT these games:

  1. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
  2. Any one of the PS1/PS2 era Final Fantasy games (barring XI)
  3. Ni No Kuni (PS3)
  4. (finish) Alan Wake (360)
  5. Child of Light (PS3)
  6. Clock Tower 3 (PS2)
  7. Duck Tales (NES)
  8. Faxanadu (NES)
  9. Star Tropics (NES)
  10. Galerians (PS1)
  11. (finish) Golden Sun: Lost Age (GBA)
  12. Granstream Saga (PS1)
  13. Magic Sword (SNES)
  14. Condemned: Criminal Origins (360)
  15. Pier Solar and the Great Architects (Mega Drive, via PS3)
  16. Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
  17. (finish) Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
  18. Undead Nightmare (Red Dead Redemption DLC) (PS3)
  19. Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
  20. Secret of Evermore (SNES)
  21. At least one (but preferably all three) original Splatterhouse games (Arcade/Mega Drive, via PS3)
    1. Original arcade Splatterhouse (Jan)
  22. At least one of the following two RPGs from the Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (Shining Force or Phantasy Star) (PS3)
  23. Ico (PS3)
  24. (finish) The Legend of Zelda (NES)
  25. Ys III (SNES)
  26. Ocarina of Time (3DS)
  27. One of the following two handheld Castlevanias (Circle of the Moon or Rondo of Blood-from Dracula X Chronicles) (GBA or PSP)
  28. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GB) (Jan)
  29. Final Fantasy Legend III (GB)
  30. Suikoden (PS1, via PS3) 

    Okay, two games down. Technically, I only need to beat two-and-a-half games a month to complete all these games. That's of course assuming I play NO OTHER GAMES but these. I'm close to that pace. But, as I've said, I will have Bloodborne coming, along with Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin for PS4, along with a swathe of other "current-gen" games I'd love to play. So...yeah, my proverbial eyes were WAY bigger than my proverbial stomach when I made this list (my eyes were bigger than my thumbs?).  At any rate, for the rest of February and most of March I'd like to try to get through some of these. I'm currently playing Child of Light, and I fully expect that to be beaten by Bloodborne's release (March 24, FYI). Even though it's not on here, Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare for Gameboy Color is another I plan on getting through soon. After that, I'm going to tackle one of those Castlevania games up there. Who knows, maybe I'll hook up the NES and fly through a few short ones.


    At any rate, that's my January overview. Not looking great so far, but I'll persevere! Thanks for reading and tune in soon to some more great fun

0 comments: