Friday, March 6, 2015

VG Resolutions: February Edition (updates)

Now: More Timely!

    I know it's only been about two-or-so weeks since my last "monthly" update, but luckily I actually have the time do it sooner. So, February. It's the shortest month. Not a lot of time to game with only those lowly 28 days. And actually, my February was pretty shitty. In fact, one of the shittiest on record for me. Aside from us moving (and all the stress and work that comes with that); my company also moving (and all the stress, work, and sad feelings about leaving some good people behind); me re-aggravating an earlier back injury TWO DAYS BEFORE moving (it's better now!); my daughter getting pneumonia (and subsequently having a scary allergic reaction to her prescription); and in general just royal garbage, I didn't get much time to write or game. Which is why I haven't updated this since Feb. 12.
    But that's okay! We're in March, and everything in general is much better. But, hey, you don't want to read about my personal life. You're here for one thing, and one thing only: hardcore nudity good writing insert funny joke here video games! Unfortunately, I got even less done in February that I did in January, and my resolutions are starting to look ridiculously foolhardy. Still, we must press on!




I'd like to beat a majority of the handheld games I currently own (as of 1/1/2015)

    I haven't beaten anything since my January post. I am however playing through two handheld games. And those of you who follow me on Instagram (@kalameet, get to it!) know what two games those are: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (awesome game so far) for the GBA, and Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare (eh, not as amazing) for the GBC. Will I beat a majority of the handheld games I own? This one seems to be the most attainable of all my resolutions, mainly because my handheld library isn't huge, and I can play them on lunch and in general, away from home.




I'd like to play games on every console I own

    I've played on all the same consoles as last month, with one huge addition: PS4 baby! Yup, finally got myself one, and I've been playing through The Last of Us: Remastered. I still plan on getting through some 360 and Wii games. Also, I have a working, legitimate NES, so I expect to set them up sooner rather than later to play it.




I need to stop stressing over this damn blog

    Well, yes, I stopped stressing over this blog in February. Mainly because I had like 500 other things to stress over. Now that things have settled down, I'd like to write a lot more on it. And with Bloodborne coming out in a few short weeks, expect all sorts of unapologetic posts about it.



I want to BEAT these games:

  1. Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
  2. Any one of the PS1/PS2 era Final Fantasy games (barring XI)
  3. Ni No Kuni (PS3)
  4. (finish) Alan Wake (360)
  5. Child of Light (PS3)
  6. Clock Tower 3 (PS2)
  7. Duck Tales (NES)
  8. Faxanadu (NES)
  9. Star Tropics (NES)
  10. Galerians (PS1)
  11. (finish) Golden Sun: Lost Age (GBA)
  12. Granstream Saga (PS1)
  13. Magic Sword (SNES)
  14. Condemned: Criminal Origins (360)
  15. Pier Solar and the Great Architects (Mega Drive, via PS3)
  16. Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
  17. (finish) Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
  18. Undead Nightmare (Red Dead Redemption DLC) (PS3)
  19. Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
  20. Secret of Evermore (SNES)
  21. At least one (but preferably all three) original Splatterhouse games (Arcade/Mega Drive, via PS3)
    1. Original arcade Splatterhouse (Jan)
  22. At least one of the following two RPGs from the Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (Shining Force or Phantasy Star) (PS3)
  23. Ico (PS3)
  24. (finish) The Legend of Zelda (NES)
  25. Ys III (SNES)
  26. Ocarina of Time (3DS)
  27. One of the following two handheld Castlevanias (Circle of the Moon or Rondo of Blood-from Dracula X Chronicles) (GBA or PSP)
  28. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GB) (Jan)
  29. Final Fantasy Legend III (GB)
  30. Suikoden (PS1, via PS3)

    Well, this list looks identical to last month's. Oi vey. I will say, if I can get my ass in gear, I could have at least Circle of the Moon and Child of Light done by my self-imposed deadline of March 23. We all know what drops the following day. No need to mention bloodborneit again. So, hopefully this list has a few more through-lines in it next month. Because I have a feeling it's going to stall after March.


    Okay, a few more "state of the blog" items here:

  • I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but I've been playing (on and off again) Ultimate NES Remix for the 3DS. I'm not writing about it on this blog. I'm also playing through Last of Us: Remastered. I'm not covering that on this blog either. I need SOME games where I don't have to take studious notes, take pictures, remember boss strategies, and in general just kill myself by filling up all the empty space in my brain with this crap. I am playing Child of Light (PS3), Circle of the Moon (GBA), and Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare (GBC). All three of those WILL be covered in this blog.
  • Some of you may have noticed that I took all my Simpsons writing off of here. Fear not, I'm creating (well, it's created, and published, but I haven't had a chance to really work on it yet) another blog, dedicated strictly to The Simpsons. I moved all of my Simpsons stuff there for now. I'm still planning on adding lots of content to that, but when can I find the damn time?
  • Finally, yes, Bloodborne comes out on March 24. I have my PS4. I have reserved and paid the game off already. I will be getting it, and playing it, on the 24th. I haven't fully decided what I want to do with it yet. The two schools of thought are these:
    • Play it through the week, and post weekly diary posts, much like I did with my playthrough of Final Fantasy IV Advance
    • Instead of that, take the Dark Souls II route, and write a separate post for each boss I fight. This would make my Bloodborne posts number in, at least, the low-twenties. 

    So that's all, everybody! Thanks for being patient, and stayed tuned for Nosferat2's Emporium of Bloodborne. 

0 comments: