Monday, April 11, 2016

Shane's Mondays Musings - 4/11

Here we are, another Monday, and that means another installment of Shane's Mondays Musings! Should that "Monday" be plural? Who knows, and so cares?

Last week I introduced this new weekly mini-post, where I talk about video games for as long as I can in my 20 minute break at work. Well, we're back at it again (also, as you'll come to find out, little-to-no-editing). It's April 11. Tomorrow is April 12. Do you guys know what they means?

Come on. You do.

DARK SOULS 3!

I'm grabbing it at midnight tonight, because finally, unlike with Dark Souls II and Bloodborne, my local Gamestop is having a midnight release. I'm not usually huge on midnight releases, because I have too damn of a hard time staying awake, but I've gone to a few. My wife and I got Arkham City (back in 2011 I believe?) at midnight, and we also got Dead Space 2. We were actually just talking about this last night. There is done debate as to whether or not we also got Portal 2.

So I'm buying it tonight, and I'm gonna do the installs and BS day one patches, and I'm hoping that won't take too long. I work a 12 hour shift today, from 5am to 5:30pm, so I woke up at 4:20 this morning. It's gonna be tough to stay up and play any significant amount of the game, but I'm gonna try my best dammit!

I've read two more reviews, and both were positive. GameSpot gave it an 8/10, and GameRant gave it a 4/5. Both praised the level design (mostly), the enemy/boss designs, and the great combat. Both did mention as negatives some of the subpar boss battles. Still seems like there is more than enough good ones to make up for it.

At this point, there isn't a whole lot more to say. I'm gonna just let the game do the talking. I'm very, very, excited, and I am giddy at the thought of diving into a brand new Souls world. I think I'll end this here. Look for a new Solo Soulscast, all about my first few hours with Dark Souls 3, sometime Tuesday, April 12 (god willing. Maybe Wednesday is less realistic). At any rate, happy Dark Souls-ing everyone!

0 comments: