Thursday, April 10, 2014

Dual Dragonriders

An old friend brings a friend

     Even though I thought the first Dragonrider battle, back in Heide's Tower Of Flame, wasn't that great, I actually enjoyed this one. I thought it would be much more difficult than it was, though. With that said, it was still fun. Maybe one of my favorites, from a pure enjoyment angle. After speaking with queen Nashandra, the fog gate to these two is right around the corner.

First Dragonrider at the beginning of the battle

    Step in, and you find yourself inside a smallish room, lined with what looks like piles of gold, and adorned with either eagle or gargoyle statues (probably the latter). It's all very ornate, as it should be, since it's in a castle and all. There are two Dragonrider health bars, but you only see one actual Dragonrider. He looks exactly the same as the other from so long ago. Same move-set too. The second 'Rider is perched up in the corner, on top of a pillar-kind-of thing, shooting at you with large arrows. It sounds super annoying, but I actually enjoyed having to dodge both the halberd attacks of the first, and the arrow attacks of the second. My strategy to start was to lock-on to the first guy, two hand my longsword, and dodge his attacks. I also tried to not have my back to the arrow-shooting guy. His arrows hurt, but they aren't devastating. Still, could disrupt you enough to get killed by the 'Rider on the floor.

Two Dragonriders attacking! Yikes!

    Either when enough time has passed, or the first guy takes so much damage (not sure which one it is), the arrow guy hops down to join the fight like a man. He's also got a big shield and halberd, but he has black armor, instead of red. Dodging both these guys, and getting in careful hits, is tricky, but rewarding. I felt pretty good about beating them both with just well-timed dodges and careful sword attacks. These guys aren't too tough, really. Like many battles, you gotta pay attention, have good timing, and know when to attack. If you can bait them both into attacking at the same time, then you have a shot at one, or both, of them for a second or so, while they recover from their attacks.
Finally, the last bow Dragonrider getting whupped

    Not a whole lot more strategy than what I said up there. Going in, I thought this battle might be much tougher, but really, it wasn't. I imagine with a powerful magic user it's even easier, because you can probably take out the arrow guy quickly, then you're just left with the regular one. Despite all that, I still enjoyed it. No real reason to, but I found it more enjoyable than some of the other battles.

Times I died: 1
Difficulty: 3/10
Rating: 5/10

Up next, we'll leave the Castle and go to an early area to fight a boss I thought appeared much later. Whoopsy!

0 comments: