Thursday, April 3, 2014

Scorpioness Najka

More half-naked bug-women!

    After going through the Shaded Woods (maybe my favorite looking wooded area in all the games), you'll find a fog gate, of course! Push through it, and you're looking at some giant cave-like room, filled with sand. There's some big holes in the top of the cave, so there is plenty of light. Very cool looking room, if you ask me. You'll also notice what looks like a woman poking out of the sand. Very strange. There's no boss name yet either. She's just sitting there, from her waist up, shooting magic at you. What a bitch, eh?
Not the best picture, but this is what you see when you first enter. That white...thing...in front of you is her.
    As you can (sort of) see in the picture above, you see this tiny torso in the sand. Very odd indeed. But walk closer to her and she reveals the rest of her form: a huge scorpion. Obviously she's very reminiscent of Quelaag. Not quite as cool, but this is still a great design. Once she's fully out of the sand, she's ready to really fight.
Here she is!
    Najka has a staff (which looks like a question mark. If it was green, it would be great for the Riddler) that she shoots magic with, but can also melee with it, if you're close enough. If you are far away from her, she has a few different heavy-hitting magic attacks to throw at you. She shoots big bolts of magic that can be rolled from easily enough, but definitely hurt if they hit you. It takes a few times to get the timing right on dodging those. She also has the homing soul spell, where she generates five soul rays around her, and she can shoot them off, and they home in on you. These also hurt like hell, and are a bit tough to dodge. Here, enjoy this picture of just that (trying to pad this blog post out juuuust a bit):

Homing soul mass I believe it's called. Puffing out her chest too
    So besides her magic, she can melee close up too. She can use the aforementioned staff, or use her big front claws. She will also stab with her two stingers, sometimes at the same time, sometimes one after another. This is her easiest attack to dodge, but if you get hit, I believe you can be poisoned (they LOOK like they are drenched in poison). She can also burrow under the ground, and she'll stay under there for awhile. Eventually, she'll jump back up and slam down. This hurts too, but easy to dodge. Finally, if you are attacking her backside, she has a tail swipe which personally almost killed me at least three times. It takes a big chunk of health off. Luckily, healing is easy in this battle. Just run away from Najka and do your thing.
    She isn't very hard, and I beat her in my first try, but she's similar to ol' Flexy, wherein I killed him on my first try, but he's dangerous, and has the ability to kill you if you aren't careful (interesting note, Flexile Sentry shows up as a one-time enemy in Shaded Woods. Weird), Nanjka almost killed me on several occasions, but I was able to heal. I have eight uses of my Estus, and I used I think seven. But overall she isn't too bad. I actually wasn't very good at dodging some of her attacks (especially that tail swipe, gah!), but thankfully they aren't terribly powerful. I had more than enough health to endure some hits. This could be an interesting battle on NG+.
    That's about all for this battle. It's easy, but not pushover easy (like Skeleton Lords, Old Iron King, Covetous Demon, etc). Definitely could be a bit tricky. I love the boss design and the room you fight her in. Let's soldier on now! Getting closer and closer to the end now guys.

Probably best picture I got.


Times I died: 0
Difficulty: 2.5/10
Rating: 6.5/10

Up next, THE MOST ANNOYING BULLSHIT BATTLE YET.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOSS SOUL DESCRIPTION: "Najka was born of the misdeeds of an ancient being, a frail soul from the beginning, that soon succumbed to madness."




0 comments: